Dublin (formerly, Amador and Dougherty’s Station) is a suburban city of Alameda County, the East Bay Area of San Francisco, located along the north side of interstate 580 at the intersection with interstate 680, 25 miles north of Silicon Valley, the name was after the city of Dublin In Ireland. Dublin has a population about 46,063 according to the 2010 United States Census. The City of Dublin was named an All-America City in 2011 by the National Civic League, after considering Dublin’s community projects.
Dublin is in the center of Tri-Valley which includes Dublin, Pleasanton and Livermore. Hacienda Crossing Shopping Center with IMax and many great restaurants is a favorite place for families and young people to hang out. Many business chose Dublin as their headquarters, two BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) stations through Dublin offer commuters unparalleled convenience to San Francisco.
Dublin is known for its Saint Patrick’s Day Parade, every year around Saint Patrick’s Day many tourists from all around Alameda County and the Tri-Valley show up to enjoy the festivities. The parade is followed by an all-weekend fair, where one can buy various knick-knacks and other items usually sold at fairs.
Dublin Unified School District serves the citizens of Dublin, it includes the following schools:
- Dublin High School located on Village Parkway, it just completed a $120M renewal project funded by Bond Measure ‘C’ . Dublin High School was included in Newsweek’s 2010 List of America’s Top Public High Schools.
- Valley High School, is the continuation school in the Dublin Unified School District, It is one of only 2 continuation schools in the Tri-Valley area.
- Dougherty Elementary School located on Hibernia Drive.
- Nielsen Education Center located on Amarillo Road
- Wells Middle School, located on Penn Drive
- Frederiksen Elementary School, located on Tamarack Drive
- Fallon Middle School, located on Kohnen Way
- Murray Elementary, located on Davona Drive
- Dublin Elementary School, located on Vomac Road
- Green Elementary School, located on Antone Way
- Kolb Elementary School, located on Palermo Way
Dublin has many public parks through out the city, open space and Iron Horse Trail offer walkers, bikers, runners and skaters great environment to enjoy outdoor activities.